|Study location||United Kingdom, Birmingham|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
|Tuition fee||To be confirmed|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
You’ll need to provide details of two referees for each conservatoire you apply to – one to comment on your academic ability, and the other to comment on your practical ability.
Please read the guidelines: www.ucas.com/conservatoires/filling-your-conservatoires-application/references-conservatoires
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
IELTS: 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each band)
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Audition is a part of admission process.
There is a one-off application fee of £25, payable to UCAS on submission of application form.
For 2020 entry onward, an additional non-refundable audition fee of £75 (£105 for a double audition) is payable to the Conservatoire.
Birmingham Conservatoire is renowned for its Jazz courses. Designed for recent graduates and suitably qualified mature students, our taught postgraduate courses in Jazz provide bespoke advanced-level tuition to Jazz musicians, whether as performers or instigators.
Our postgraduate courses in Jazz also provide you with excellent opportunities to develop other skills relevant to a future career in the music profession.
- Specialise as a jazz performer or as an instigator.
- Performance courses built around the art of improvisation.
- Regular opportunities to rehearse and perform with small and large jazz ensembles.
- At PgDip and MMus levels, the flexibility to choose from a broad menu of Professional Development modules – including some specifically in the Jazz area – designed to help you work towards achieving your personal career aspirations.
- Personal support as you make plans for your future career.
- The flexibility to transfer from PgDip to MMus once you have begun your studies (but before completion of the PgDip course).
- At PgCert level, the ability to focus wholly on the Principal Study area.
- Regular individual specialist tuition.
- Priority access to guest masterclass sessions.
- The chance to develop a distinctive musical voice.
- An intensive one-year MMus route is available (for exceptional candidates only).